1. Disconnect exhaust pipe at manifold and lower.
2. Remove the transmission mount bolts. Raise the transmission off the crossmember. Support transmission at this position.
3. Remove four (4) bolts securing crossmember to frame.
4. Remove right rear (#3) body mount bolt.
5. Pry right rear portion of frame downward and insert a block of wood to maintain a gap between the frame and underbody at the recess location.
6. Lift right side of crossmember into the gap created between the frame and underbody. Rotate crossmember to the right until it is clear of frame. Drop right side of crossmember below frame. Move crossmember to the right and remove from vehicle.
7. Continue with transmission removal.
Once the transmission has been reinstalled, install the crossmember by reversing the above procedure. Retorque body mount bolt to 80ft. lbs.
source; Chevrolet Service News Volume 41 - March 1969 - Number 3
Tags: camaro part, camaro parts, Camaro restoration parts, 69 camaro, 1969 camaro, aftermarket camero parts, chevrolet camaro, ss, z28, rs, chevrolet, restoration, 68 camaro, chevy, 67, 69, f-body, camaro, chevy camaro, chevrolet camaro, gm, z-28, 350, ls1, z/28, pace car, camaro ss, 69 camaro, first generation, copo, fbody, yenko, 67 camaro, 68 camaro, musclecar